Working closely with State and Discipline Leads, you will be take an influential leadership role on national projects within the Power Systems sector. Instil knowledge, while mentoring and providing technical guidance to upcoming Engineers.
This role aims to assist the growth of the team from the inside while delivering and providing quality assurance on national projects.
- Preparing and reviewing complex reports, proposals and presentations to clients in the following areas:
- HV power systems analysis – loadflow, fault levels, dynamic performance, transient analysis, harmonics assessments, induction studies, insulation coordination studies;
- HV transmission and distribution substations primary electrical design: layout design, specification of plant, coordination of civil design;
- HV transmission and distribution protection systems analysis and design: schematic design, IED specification / configuration, determination of protection settings, investigation of protection events;
- Earthing system analysis and design;
- Manage the delivery of specialised components of projects, advising on the most effective team to achieve this
- Govern technical reviews and quality assurance activities for projects, documentation, processes, and practices • Use technical knowledge to identify and realise new client opportunities and to provide technical input into the bidding process
- Lead the technical development of staff, coaching and mentoring on technical issues
- Provide technical expertise and overview to client and stakeholders and to assist clients through technical decision-making and provide alternative options/solutions if there are changes to project parameters
Qualifications & Experience:
- 15+ years’ experience as a power systems engineer, with at least 5 years as an engineering leader with industry recognition of capability in the role;
- Tertiary qualification in electrical/power engineering, chartered engineering and RPEQ status; and • Excellent spoken and written communication skills including a working knowledge of MS Office.
- Highly regarded skills include:
- The ability to develop complex models in PSSE, ETAP, SKM PTW power systems software o The ability to develop cable system / transient voltage studies – ATP, EMTP-RV
- The ability to develop cable thermal rating studies and design – CYMCAP
- The ability to develop complex earthing and induction models in CDEGS earthing system software
- The ability to develop maintenance strategies and procedures, commissioning plans and documentation
- Specifying or interfacing with control systems in an HV substations environment; and
- Modelling of connection of significant loads and generators into existing networks and advising on connection agreements
- Computational design, design algorithms and automation of data manipulation