Working closely with State and Discipline Leads, you will be delivering substation secondary design projects working with Arcadis Australia Power Team meeting high quality standards and drive technical excellence in the team. Bring engineering capabilities to preliminary and detail design of high voltage substation secondary systems such as protection and control, SCADA interfaces, and auxiliary systems.
- The main responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing and reviewing engineering deliverables including complex reports, proposals, presentations, and drawing packages with the Brisbane Power Team.
- HV transmission and distribution substations secondary systems electrical design: protection and control schematics, wiring diagrams, protection and control room layout, IED selection.
- Conducting protection coordination and developing tripping schemes.
- Taking personal responsibility for the preparation of detailed engineering documentation and leading the engineering effort for project including providing technical and performance oversight for members of the power team.
- To manage selected projects, project task/responsibilities as assigned, and/or design processes (or parts of projects) to meet agreed budget, quality and timeframe targets
- To deliver fully documented designs to meet Client objectives and Arcadis quality system requirements.
- To develop the technical competency of direct reports/ junior team members and ensure application of relevant international and Australian standards and engineering knowledge in various projects.
- Apply engineering knowledge, techniques and tools complying with international design standards and Australian Codes and Standards relevant to assigned project.
- Prepare document and drawing package for the appropriate project design submission stage complying with codes and standards and delivering the design with high quality.
- Conduct internal review and quality checks of engineering drawings and design calculations to ensure compliance with the project's requirements.
- Prepare and register all relevant documentation and design reports and ensure all documentation is accurate and in compliance with the Arcadis and customer requirements.
Qualifications & Experience:
- At least 20 years’ experience in substation secondary design, preferably in a consulting environment.
- Consulting experience in power projects in Australia is preferred.
- Experience in the production of CAD documentation to Australian Utility Standards and other international design standards.
- Experience in utility processes from concept stage to construction and as-built drawings will also be beneficial.
- Graduate of Bachelor of Technology/ Science in Electrical Engineering from recognized University.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent mathematical skills applied in engineering calculations.
- Organizational skills and proactive approach in project management.
- Ability to provide solutions to technical problems.
- Ability to lead, with good influencing, motivating and delegating skills.
- Actively continue to develop technical knowledge and new emerging technology through regular CPD training,
- Professional registration with any leading engineering body such as Engineers Australia is preferred.