To provide technical consulting services to Amplitude’s clients in the fields of power transmission, distribution and renewable energy, provide technical leadership for client engagements and provide assistance with Amplitude’s business development activities and team project works, job management and business administration, and support in capacity building of Amplitude’s team.
This position description sets out the duties and responsibilities of the job at the time when it was drawn up. Such duties and responsibilities may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and cannot in themselves justify a reconsideration of the grading of the job.
Technical Engineering and Consulting
Provide technical engineering expertise and consulting services to Amplitude’s clients. Technical and consulting engagements will include the following key areas and fields, as well as any other areas and fields which are mutually agreed to be within the capabilities of the Employee and in line with the goals and mission of Amplitude:
- HVDC and MVDC projects
- Power transmission and distribution
- High voltage and submarine cables
- Micro grid and off-grid electricity networks
- “Hybrid” electricity networks
- Flexible AC Transmission Systems (FACTS)
- Technical due diligence
- Workshops and training of client staff
Electrical Engineering Capability
Provide specialist technical consulting services in electrical engineering and high voltage elements of transmission and distribution, HVDC and FACTs, solar, renewable energy, battery storage, micro grid and “hybrid” network projects.
HVDC, FACTS and High Voltage AC Systems
- Conceptual design;
- High level assessment of project options;
- Engineering cost estimation;
- Development of technical requirements and specifications;
- Design review and verification;
- Factory inspections and witnessing of factory testing;
- Technical advisory during construction and commissioning;
- Testing and commissioning support, supervision, witnessing and management;
- Development of operational philosophy, procedures and requirements; and
- Technical support, incident and equipment failure investigation and ongoing engineering advisory for operational plant
Operation and Maintenance (O&M) of High Voltage, HVDC and FACTS Projects and Facilities
Provide technical consulting services in support of projects associated with the development, review and revision of O&M philosophies, practices, roadmaps and procedures associated with high voltage, HVDC and FACTS projects and facilities, both under development and in operation. Provide technical support to the investigation and root cause analysis of operational incidents and technical issues experienced by HVDC and FACTS facilities during operation
High Voltage Installations and Equipment
Provide electrical engineering expertise associated with the high voltage components of and equipment and installations associated with transmission and distribution, FACTs, solar, renewable energy, battery storage, micro grid and “hybrid” network projects.
Undertake technical activities in new areas under the supervision of experienced personnel, including HVDC and FACTs projects, underground and submarine cable systems, protection and control systems and renewable energy projects, with a view to develop technical capabilities in these areas. Maintain required current/up-to-date CPD and training and industry accreditations and certifications.
Provide leadership and manage assigned jobs on behalf of Amplitude, including the oversight, management, control and responsibility for job budget, schedule and quality of deliverables. Liaise directly with the client to ensure high quality outcomes to the expectations and satisfaction of the client.
Assist with the preparation of bid proposals and tender submissions as directed by the Group Manager or his/her nominee. Attend visits to clients and potential clients as directed for the purpose of identifying business opportunities, developing relationships and presenting bid/tender submissions on behalf of Amplitude. Participate in Business Development/Networking events and activities to promote Amplitude’s brand and services.
Supervision and Mentoring
Provide technical supervision and mentoring of graduate, junior and less experienced staff in areas of expertise and in general consulting skills and activities.
Reports to: Group Manager PED
Coordinates activities with Engineering technical group, Management and Administration staff
Supervises: PED Group Engineers, Job Managers for PED jobs, External Subconsultants
External Experience and Qualifications
- Degree in Engineering (Electrical or equivalent) or higher degree
- Experience working in a professional services organisation, driving outcomes to operational goals and group targets; liaising and communicating with key stakeholders; participating in business development activities; and contributing to a continual improvement environment
- Previous experience in a technical leadership role
- Legal right to work in country of work
- Australian Driver Licence
Internal Experience and Qualifications:
- Capability in software as per job requirements
- SharePoint, WFM, File Management and document control
- Group-based methodology/ies
- Training in Consulting and Job Management
- Workplace Health and Safety Management Procedures
- Company policy and procedures
- Primarily seated and office-based
- Ability to travel to and attend local and interstate project and/or client sites
- Flexibility to work outside of business hours (events, international time zones, additional group/company support)